Soooo much has happened since my last Peaks & Valleys installment. We have traveled so much that we longed dearly to finally be home. We adore traveling and it brings us joy to explore this beautiful world, but from mid December to mid January we were on the road or in a plane more then we were home. Our hearts desired to just cuddle up on the couch with homemade hot chocolate, our pjs on, a warm fire crackling in the fireplace and a wonderful movie playing on the tube. Well thanks to Winter Storm Jonas we got to do just that.
Yes, while the big white snow flakes fell in the moonlight ever so quietly we cuddled up on the couch with homemade hot chocolate, our pjs on, a warm fire crackling in the fireplace and the movie “Little Boy“. Oh and if you watch that movie on Netflix grab some tissues, it had both of us in tears. This leads me to this weeks Peaks + Valleys.
This week’s VALLEYS go to…
• Wind… the wind was so strong the other day that when I was getting out of the car, the door blew back and hit me right in the head… it about knocked me out.
• Chocolate. I never thought chocolate would be on my valleys list, but it is. Tampa, our 2 year old dalmatian blue healer mix aka our baby, snagged about 3 pieces of a dark chocolate candy-bar off the counter while we were out. I came home and panicked. But thank goodness it was not enough to cause toxic poisoning.
• Soap. I have recently develop an allergy to a non toxic environmentally safe clothing detergent. It is not the one we typically buy but our go to was out so we opted for a different brand. I have to preference by saying I have very sensitive skin and as a child every detergent and perfume made me breakout in bumps. This particular detergent has some natural oil fragrance that I just can’t do and now I have little red bumps all over my skin from it. No fun.
This week’s PEAKS go to…
• The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile. It does exist! As were where driving from North Georgia to Ohio to visit my father for Christmas, Brandon driving, he exclaimed “IT DOES EXIST!”. He said it so loud I about jumped out of my skin. His face was lit up with joy and there it was on the road driving, The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile.
• The First Snow. Since we move to North Georgia we have been looking forward to the first snow fall and it finally arrive this month.
• Winter Storm Jonas. So I know that sounds crazy and many people hated the storm, I totally get it. But Brandon and I choose to find joy in the storm. Being snowed in gave us time to just be with each other. No wear to go, nothing to do, just time to BE.
• My Father. He is my hero and he is an awesome DAD.
• Oh She Glows Blog. I stumbles upon this blog in my search for vegan recipes and I am so glad I did. Angela has amazing recipes, she is a food guru and I want to be her best friend.
• Jeju Sauna. Brandon and I spent a full day a Jeju Sauna in Atalanta. We both sat in a hot mineral spa to start, then had a one hour deep tissue couples massage, followed by a traditional Korean lunch that was amazing. If thats not enough, we then relax on the heated jade floors as we talked about our dreams and then rotated between 6 different sauna’s that each help to clarify and heal the body. We left there feeling incredibly refreshed.