As I stand here at my desk on the Monday of Thanksgiving week (yes I pre-posted this post) sipping on a warm delicious cup of decaf coffee and seeing the dew frozen on our front lawn I can hardly believe the holidays are here ALREADY! This year has flown by incredibly fast for Brandon and I with tons of blessings and challenges in tow. This will most likely sound cliche, but as we get older the years seem to go by faster and faster. We were actually just commenting on how when your 10 it feels like time goes so slow. You just want to be in your 20’s and it takes forever to get there. Then in our 20’s time moved at a great pace – not to fast not to slow. But not that we are in our 30’s, married and running our own a successful business time is slipping by at light speed.
But…time has proven to make the heart grow fonder. Fonder of life, small blessings, dear family members, close friends and precious moments.
This year our thankful lists are so very long but we have each condensed them down to our top 10.
Michelle’s Thankful List:
1. I am thankful that my father is still in remission from his cancer one year after his final treatment.
2. I am thankful that my mothers health continues to be good and that she calls me on a regular basis just to see how I am doing. Love her so so much!
3. I am thankful that my daughter is loving her second year of college and getting straight A’s. And praise be to God that we have a beautiful relationship.
4. I am thankful for my father in law who is 78 years old and recently came up for a visit just to help us with our new home (painting moving you name it). His life is inspirational.
5. I am thankful for all our family, with out them I don’t know where we would be. Both my family + Brandon’s have always been our biggest supporters in everything we do.
6. I am thankful that we bought our first home and in our hearts we hope it will be our forever home. God may have other plans which we are always open too.
7. I am thankful for our business and that God has allowed it to be a vehicle in which we can share His Love.
8. I am thankful for all our clients who put their trust in us to document their incredible love stories.
9. I am thankful for our church community. The warmth, joy, love and open hearts we find there keeps us on the challenging path to try our best to reach heaven.
10. I am thankful for my husband. God has given me the perfect man to experience this life with. He is strong, hard working, deep in his faith, kind, gentle, loving and supportive. I could not imagine this life without him.
Brandon’s Thankful List:
1. I am thankful for God’s infinite wisdom and timing with EVERYTHING.
2. I am thankful for our good health.
3. I am thankful for the house buying process and the fact that God blessed us with our amazing tiny house that is JUST RIGHT FOR US.
4. I am thankful for my family.
5. I am thankful for having another very successful year of our business.
6. I am thankful for so many friendships that we have cultivated over the past year, those new and those that have been from long ago as well.
7. I am thankful for the ability to work from home alongside my best friend, to serve all these amazing clients-now friends.
8. I am thankful for the simplicity of our life.
9. I am thankful for this great-so-far football season…GO DAWGS!
10. I am thankful for my beautiful and amazing wife who goes above and beyond every day to help make our home, business, family and LIFE so darn amazing.
We are so excited to see what God has in-store for us in the next 365 days! Happy Thanksgiving Y’all. May it be filled with abundant blessings and a heart of thankfulness.