PHOTOGRAPHY TIP: By Failing to Prepare, one is Preparing to Fail
This is probably the most important wedding photography tip we can offer. Preparation is the key to documenting a weddings successfully. Being one step ahead gives us an advantage and allows us to document moments throughout the day which are authentic, filled with true emotion and tell our couples stories by capturing glimpses of their souls. We have one chance to document it beautifully.
A few things to do in advance are…
• Authentically get to know your couple
• Listen to their wedding day vision
• Understand their style
• Create a day-of photography timeline for your couple
• Scout the wedding location
• Email their wedding planner + make sure you’re on the same page
• Send your couple a pre-wedding email the week before their gorgeous wedding
• Comunicate, Comunicate, Comunicate
• And most important LOVE on your couple!
A few things to always have prepared are…
• Extra Batteries
• Back Up Camera
• A Plethora of Memory Cards
• Lens Cleaning Kit
• Day Of Timeline
• Rain or Time Change Back Up Plan
• Rain Gear (this can stay in your car)
• Shoot Location Plan
This really just brushes the tip of preparation for us, we have a lot more that goes into how we prepare for our couples wedding day, but at the minimum, all of the above should be done. Remember your couple is investing in you and trusting you with one of the most important days of their lives. There is no redo or second chance so you must be prepared!